- 1). Double-click the iTunes icon to launch the program.
- 2). Click "iTunes" located in the first menu bar at the very top of the window.
- 3). Click "Check for Updates" from the drop-down menu. If a newer version is available, click "Download iTunes" to install the update. When prompted, restart the computer.
- 1). Connect the iPod to the computer using the USB cable, and allow it to sync to iTunes.
- 2). Click and highlight the iPod when it appears in the left side panel of the iTunes window.
- 3). Click the "Summary" tab on the right side of the window. Click "Restore."
- 4). Click the "Back Up" button in the pop-up dialogue box.
- 5). Click the "Restore" button to confirm.
- 6). Click "OK" once the message signaling the restore process has completed appears on screen. After the iPod restarts, it is ready for use. Select "Restore from the previous backup" when prompted.